Trap, Neuter, & Return
Humane Animal Rescue of Pittsburgh is acutely aware of the problem of community (feral) cats in our area. Many well meaning people start out feeding a few stray cats only to find themselves overwhelmed by cats and kittens who may have no interest in human interaction, but who have come to count on this generous impulse for survival.
To help these cat caregivers, we offer discounted spay/neuter surgeries for community cats. For $53, our clinic will spay or neuter a feral cat, provide a rabies vaccine, a FVRCP vaccine, apply Advantage Multi and ear-tip the cat to identify him or her as already spayed or neutered.
Trap-Neuter-Return is a humane approach; through this program, outdoor cats are humanely trapped, brought to the clinic, spayed or neutered, provided a rabies vaccine, are ear-tipped (for identification purposes), and then returned to their outdoor homes.
- Identify that there is a feral cat in your neighborhood.
- Schedule an appointment with either our East Side center (412-345-7300 ext. 223) or North Side center (412-345-7300 ext. 274)
- Trap the cat(s) the evening before the scheduled surgery
- Safely transport the cat(s) to our clinics on the day of your scheduled appointment.
- Pick the cat up at the designated time and follow post surgery instructions before returning the cat to the outdoors.
TNR Feline: $53
All surgeries are by appointment only.