Flea and Tick Preventatives
Fleas and ticks can pose a risk to the health of both you and your pet. Ours veterinarians recommend year round flea and tick control for all animals, even if they exclusively stay indoors. We offer a variety of different products to meet pet’s individual needs, including both prescription and non-prescription flea and tick control medications. In accordance with the State Board of Veterinary Medicine, owners must either have a yearly exam done at our office or have a written prescription from another vet prior to purchasing a prescription flea and tick product.
- Frontline Gold: prevents fleas and ticks
- Advantage: prevents fleas
- Advantix : prevents fleas and ticks
- Seresto Collars: prevents fleas and ticks
- Capstar-oral, a treatment that kills all adult fleas. This product does not prevent infestation, but can help provide quick relief for heavy flea infestations. This product should be used in conjunction with a monthly flea and tick preventative to ensure re-infestation does not occur.
- Knockout Area Spray: area/room treatment
- Advantage Multi: prevents heartworm, fleas, and helps to control intestinal parasites and ear mites
- Nexgard: prevents fleas and ticks