Thank you for your interest in including us in your event or hosting a fundraiser/event benefiting Humane Animal Rescue of Pittsburgh! We love hearing about what our supporters are doing to help animals in need and educate the community on our mission. Please take a few minutes to read the following guidelines and complete the appropriate forms.
Fundraiser and Event Guidelines:
- Please complete our Event Request Form between 4-6 weeks prior to the event.
- Due to the amount of event requests we receive, we cannot guarantee approval for every event nor can we guarantee a HARP representative to be present at all events.
- HARP reserves the right to decline association with any event or organization for any reason.
- We cannot guarantee a set number of domestic animals (if any) we will be able to bring to the event.
- If you are looking to have an event with one of our Educational Ambassador Animals, please submit a request to our Education Department via our Contact Us page.
- Event organizers are responsible for obtaining all permits (for games of chance or raffles etc.) and obtain their own liability insurance to cover the event (if necessary).
- HARP cannot make any investment, pay for, or reimburse any expenses incurred as a result of a fundraising event. This means that the event must pay all expenses prior to remitting the net revenue to HARP.
- All donations can be sent in the form of check/money order to:
- Humane Animal Rescue Attn: Donations 6926 Hamilton Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15208
- For security purposes, please don’t send cash in the mail. You can drop off cash donations at any one of our locations.
- Event organizers are responsible for all details of the event including: underwriting all of the related costs, recruiting volunteers, event publicity, & working the event.
- HARP’s name and logo must be used appropriately and in accordance with our graphic standards. We request that any marketing material including our logo is provided to us for approval prior to going live or promoted to the public. Please let us know if you will need our logo files.
- You must clearly state the amount/percentage of proceeds that HARP will receive as well as notify HARP if another organization will also benefit from the event.
- HARP can help promote the event through our website’s event calendar as well as on our social channels if applicable.
- For event requests that are received less than 4 weeks to the event, HARP would be happy to provide the following in lieu of a physical HARP presence at the event:
- Informational brochures, flyers etc.
- Information on adoptable animals
- HARP Magnets, Pens, or other applicable promotional items
- All other questions and requests can be submitted to our Special Events Coordinator
- Allison Ryan (email@example.com)
Fundraiser and Event Agreement:
Humane Animal Rescue of Pittsburgh welcomes fundraising/event requests for review. Choosing to submit a request does not obligate HARP to enter into a program with you. Additionally, you are agreeing to give HARP funds raised no later than 30 days after your event has ended.
By submitting a fundraising request, you agree to assume all risks and liabilities associated with the request and hereby release and hold harmless HARP entities, their directors, officers, employees, agents and successors from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees arising out of or in connection with the event, including without limitation any personal injuries or damages to property that may occur in conjunction with your request.
By submitting a fundraising/event request, you agree that you have reviewed and understand the Event Guidelines.