Calling all campers! Camp Rescue is back this summer at Humane Animal Rescue of Pittsburgh! Join us for camp in-person at our Wildlife Center to meet animal ambassadors, learn about nature, and have a pawsitively wild time. All camps include age-specific hands-on activities, themed-lessons, animal guests, games, and more!
Each week of camp offers two half-day camp options; one from 9 am-12 pm and the other from 1 pm-4 pm, and camp runs Monday-Friday. We offer camps for grades 1st-2nd, 3rd-4th, and 5th-6th. (The grades associated for each camp are the grades that the camper will be entering into this fall.)
Dates | Times | Age Groups
June 14-18 | 9 am – Noon or 1 pm-4 pm | 1st-2nd grade “Wild Sleuths”
June 21-25 | 9 am – Noon or 1 pm – 4 pm | 3rd – 4th grade “Animal Helpers”
June 28-July2 | 9 am -Noon or 1 pm -4 pm | 3rd-4th grade “Animal Helpers”
July 5-9 | 9 am – Noon or 1 pm – 4 pm | 5th-6th grade “Junior Biologist”
*Note that both weeks of 3rd-4th grade camp are the same, so only sign up for one session.*
Pricing: $160/camper; (Early Bird pricing: $150 before June 1); Discounts available for additional siblings registered for camp
· There will be no before and after care available for this summer. We apologize for any inconvenience.
· Please register your camper for the appropriate age group listed, however, there may be exceptions for those who have more specialized needs.
· We do our best to make our programming a safe and inclusive space, but be advised that there may be allergens present on our facility (like pollen, animal dander, and nuts).
· The safety of our community, campers, and staff are very important to us, so we have a COVID safety protocol in place. Our safety protocol is guided by recommendations from the CDC and includes:
· Masks to be worn at all times by everyone on the property (campers, parents, staff).
· Proper social distancing will be observed. We will spend a good portion of time outdoors and we will also try to provide as much ventilation as possible whenever indoors.
· Registration is limited to 8 campers per session, with 2 staff members for each session.
· Staff will ensure proper and frequent sanitizing of surfaces, handwashing, and limiting shared materials.